Fourth International Conference on Urban Earthquake Engineering
Digital Multipurpose Hall, No.9 West Building, O-Okayama, Tokyo Institute of Technology , Japan
Center for Urban Earthquake Engineering (CUEE) is pleased to present the Fourth International Conference on Urban Earthquake Engineering on March 5-6, 2007, at Tokyo Institute of Technology, O-Okayama Campus. In the upcoming conference we will have four plenary sessions, each followed by parallel sessions on Engineering Seismology, Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, Seismic Hazard Mitigation Planning and Human Behavior, Tsunami as well as Concrete, Steel, Bridge, and Smart Structures and Advanced Seismic Design and Analysis. The conference will offer a range of dynamic and exciting presentations by domestic and overseas experts in these fields. We hope that the conference will be a good occasion for everyone who is interested in Urban Earthquake Engineering. Please join us at the conference.
The main invited speakers in the plenary/parallel sessions are as follows:
- Engineering Seismology : Prof Atilla Ansal ( Bogazici University , Turkey ), Prof Kazuki Koketsu ( Univ. of Tokyo , Japan )
- Tsunami : Prof Harry Yeh ( Oregon State Univ. , USA ), Dr. Kenji Satake (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology , Japan )
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering : Prof Tom O'Rourke ( Cornell University , USA )
- Concrete Structures : Prof John B. Mander ( University of Canterbury , New Zealand ), Prof Ha-Won Song ( Yonsei University , Korea )
- Steel Structures : Prof Amit M Kanvinde (UC Davis , USA ), Prof Makoto Ohsaki ( Kyoto Univ. , Japan )
- Bridge Structures: Prof. Habin Ge ( Nagoya University , Japan )
- Smart Structures : Prof. S. D. Xue ( Beijing University of Technology , China ), Larry A. Fahnestock ( University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign , USA )
- Advanced Seismic Design and Analysis : Prof. Gregory L. Fenves (UC Berkeley , USA ), Dr. Michael Willford ( ARUP , UK )
- Seismic Hazard Mitigation Planning and Human Behavior : Dr. Yoshiteru Murosaki ( President of National Research Institute of Fire and Disaster , Japan ), Dr. Ronald T. Eguchi (ImageCat, Inc., USA ), Prof. Hitomi Murakami ( Yamagichi University , Japan )
- Future of COE Education : Prof. Scott A. Ashford (UC San Diego , USA )
*Click here for more details.